Healthy Broccoli Nuggets
Updated: Aug 14, 2018
Looking for an easy, quick, and veggie packed recipe for your work or school lunches? I've got your covered with my healthy broccoli nuggets! They only contain 6 ingredients and take only 30 minutes to bake. If you don't have any broccoli on hand, these are easily adaptable to other veggies such as carrots or cauliflower.
These nuggets are kid-friendly, too! They pack and keep easily, and taste delicious dipped in your favorite sauce. I like to pair mine with my vegan cheezy sauce, or simply organic ketchup. It's a fun way to get your children excited about vegetables!
Here's how you make them:
You'll just need these 6 ingredients:
-2 crowns of broccoli, loosely chopped
-1 chia egg (simply 1 tbsp chia seeds: 3 tbsp water)
-1/2 cup nutritional yeast
-1/3 cup GF/vegan breadcrumbs (Ian's is a great brand!)
-1 1/2 tsp onion powder
-1 tbsp olive oil
-salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350F (175C).
2. Make the chia egg by combining chia seeds and water in a small bowl. Set aside until a gel forms. You could also do this with ground flaxseed if that's what you have on hand.
3. Wash, pat dry, and loosely chop your broccoli.
4. Place the broccoli in a food processor and pulse a few times.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and blend until well combined - no chunks of broccoli! An almost dough like consistency will form.
6. On a baking sheet with oven safe parchment paper, create nugget shapes and evenly place them on the baking sheet.
7. Once your mixture is used up, bake the nuggets in the oven for 15 minutes. FLIP THEM! Then bake for another 15.
8. Remove nuggets from the oven, dip in your sauce of choice, and enjoy!
Tag me in your creations!
Tag me on Instagram @shaktifresh so I can see what you make!